Sunday, August 13, 2006

Grrrrr...

8August
Just watched V FOR VENDETTA and HOSTEL…
Hostel is pretty dumb but damn was there some great gore, I mean, the make-up was done to the point where you knew it was fake but at the same time it made you cringe. Lots of unbelievable plot problems though: war in slovakia? Was this just there to show how dumb Americans and the Icelandic are or was it just thrown in to make you know that this movie is just a bad flick meant only as brain candy? Either way, don’t watch it unless you’re a fan of crappy horror movies that are there just for gratuitous sex and violence. Which I am!
V, what can be said for V…never read the comic but my friends say that everything is different in the book—as with all movie adaptations. Politically, fuck’n-a! Just look at the world we are living in and think for a moment. Of course, it is fiction but “artists tell the truth through telling lies” and besides, would anyone ever have the balls and conviction as well as the ability to overthrow a government in such a way? Probably not, this is da funny pages. Anyway, great movie and Orwell and Huxley would be smiling if not bitterly because of the world we live in today, where even questioning can be a form of control.

OK, had a couple more drinks and watched V again as well as the ‘making of extra’. Berry Berry Eenteresting…some of the actors playing certain characters almost reflect the views of their role, in particular the man playing the chancellor. He somewhat downplayed the socio/political significance of the film in favor of the, er, facts—the world we live in today is not to such an extreme as that depicted in the film but as another actor pointed out in this extra, the film is a reminder of what we do not want to become.
By the way, Natelie Portman is hot with hair, without hair, with her mouth shut, and when she speaks. Bravo.

10August
So, yeah “there are no coincidences” (V…), today I woke up to a foiled terror plot in the UK involving terrorists, planes headed for America and a liquid explosive undetectable by security. Who says comics are not realistic. The rest of my day envolved looking over the last 60 years of the Ulster Journal of Archaeology, a continuation of yesterday where I started at the first issue from 1860 something. Good times.

12 August
Oh I am a fool, a procrastinating fool! I have had relatively reliable ‘nicked’ wireless for the last couple of days and failed to make any posts—rather, I spent my time researching and watching youtube, mostly youtube, but atleast I got a site meter on the blog now, too bad I can’t put anything new up until the wireless starts working again or I go to the cafĂ© ‘o de’ fleecing of the poor bastards with no net access! I need a fukn drink.

As it stands, I got about 10% of the dissertation done and, sorry, but gona have to forgo the idea about seeing how many song lyrics I can throw into it. Sucks, but that’s what you get for procrastinating—not all that you want.

13August
Hangin out, drinkin, and going through wireless withdrawl—it didn’t take long, kinda like heroine, maybe, wouldn’t know. Been watching LOST, bout a season behind the states but still interested and a good time killer on a Sunday while avoiding dissertation work. Anyway, Saw the news after and all BBC is talking about is Isreal and Lebanon, which I don’t really give a shit about—like the rude pundit, I too am more concerned with getting troops out of Iraq but with only the Israeli conflict to piss me off, I will comment. Nothing is going to change barring a huge no-holds-barred war or the people of both sides standing up in opposition to war, and even then maybe not. Until we forget our cultural idiocy and say ‘fuck you, fuck this world, and fuck everything you stand for’ to the people running the show in the middle east and our own countries, nothing can change—and even after, if the words are not followed with action, things aren’t going to change. But why should things change, people in general believe they are happy so why to gain more? Well, if people don’t understand that then what does it matter? While they are happy eeking out their pathetic lives others will suffer and who cares. Who cares, until conflict drags someone you know into a situation and then it matters but for the most part this all stays distanced by media and reluctance by political powers to get their countries involved. Social webs, the farther you are from an incident or one of the main supports it occurs on the less the vibration it makes in your life. By the time the web collapses its too late. Wait, that sounds like doomsayer talk; maybe so but it is true and it appears that we are on the path to another conflict that eventually will impact us all but who cares. Life goes on. And so what if we have to see more people die as long as I can keep looking at porn on the net and going to the bar and shopping for electronics at wal-mart. Fuck you doomsayer. I’ll die dumb and happy, how bout you.

I’d rather be informed and pissed than ignorant and happy any day—especially when if it’s the day I die.

In the meantime, I got my wireless workin again so time for some brain candy—Elfen Lied is fukn great…I don’t abhor my hipocricy or my procrastination, only their consequence and further, bitterness and piss in the most informed only produces bile and discontent…

A bhudist parable from…er, somewhere

A monk came upon a man on a river one day trying to help a scorpion from the current. The scorpion was going to be swept away to the rapids where it would surely die and the monk was reaching in to lift it from the stream but every time the monk got close the scorpion would sting him. Finally, after many stings, the scorpion was retrieved and set free; the monk, though was in miserable shape. The man attended the monk and after a day confronted him about his apparent stupidity.

Man: Why did you try to help the scorpion when you knew it would sting you?

Monk: It needed help.

Man: But, if it needed help then why did it sting you repeatedly?

Monk: That is its nature.

Man: But, in knowing this, why did you still try to help it even though you knew it’s nature was to harm you?

Monk: That is my nature.

I am sure I have mutilated the story but I have the jist, and for those thick in the head, I mean to relate to you that I aint giving up my nature to please anyone nor am I going to ignore the world around me and how it can effect me and others…might be a bit round-a-bout with the parable but you get the idear,

Well, no time for pics right now but maybe next time so sit down, shut-up, and pour us a couple drinks and think about things for a bit...

cheers

5 comments:

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mel said...

Dissertation BOOO!!! I have a page written of mine. Tho its mostly poo. Poo I tells you!

Mel said...

Stupid Blogger!

TheRancem said...

Ah, I'm not allone! Looks like erin is fret'n as well...I may be taking the easyway out with an 8 month interruption of study

Mel said...

hmm- you are going to delay your diss. Hey I broke through my writers block- I have a page and a half!!